Human Resources professionals will need to navigate a variety of complex issues in 2019. From equal pay best practices to accommodating the American’s with Disability Act, being an HR professional is as challenging as it’s ever been. Join Saiber and the Morris County Chamber of Commerce on May 14 for a discussion on some of the most pressing issues that New Jersey employers face today.
Topics will include:
- Equal Pay for Equal Work: A Review of Pay Equity Best Practices
- Pressure for employers to address the gap in pay between men and women is continuing to grow. Conducting pay analysis and taking the proper steps to comply with the law is imperative for all employers. We’ll discuss some of the best practices for HR professionals and business owners and provide an overview on local and federal regulations.
Speaker: Kelly Fantasia, Director of Human Resources, Untracht Early, LLC
- ADA Regulations: Is Your Company in Compliance?
- From employee support animals to website accessibility, businesses have a lot to address to be compliant with the American’s with Disability Act. We’ll explore some of the new and lesser known components of the ADA.
Speaker: DanaLynn Colao, Member, Saiber LLC
- Minimum Wage Hike: Are you Prepared for 2024?
- In February, Gov. Murphy signed into law a bill that increases the minimum wage in NJ from $8.85 an hour to $15.00 an hour by 2024. We will discuss the details of the minimum wage increases, and how this may affect hiring talent over the next 5 years.
Speaker: John Christian, Director of Human Resources, Nisivoccia LLP
- Cannabis in the Workplace: A Budding Concern for New Jersey Employers
- The expansion of medicinal cannabis and the proposed legalization of recreational cannabis may present new challenges for employers who want to ensure a drug-free and safe workplace. Join one of Saiber’s cannabis attorney’s in briefing on how legalized marijuana can impact employers and their workplaces.
Speaker: Alex Banzhaf, Esq., Associate, Saiber LLC
Moderator: Jennine DiSomma, Esq., Member, Saiber LLC
When: May 14, 2019
12:00-12:30pm – Lunch and networking
12:30-12:45pm – Welcome and Introduction
12:45-1:45pm – Presentation
1:45-2:00pm – Q&A